Login failed: generic failure at /usr/lib/perl5... line 114

Jake Carlson webdev at jakecarlson.com
Fri Oct 25 23:44:26 EDT 2002

Hello,

After trying in vain for quite some time to compile Cyrus 2.1.9 from source, I finally gave up and opted for some rpms.  I have successfully installed some Cyrus 2.1.9 rpms I found on the Net just recently.  I have both the cyrus server and cyrus sasl2 running right now.  However, each time I try to login, I am given an error from the Admin.pm script, as follows:

[root at biggie rpms]# cyradm -user cyrus localhost
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: generic failure at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 114
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

Any ideas?  I am VERY new to Unix, so I'm expecting my error to be pretty stupid.  Here's my imap.conf file:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
sieveuserhomedir: no
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Jake Carlson