notifyd(8) documentation error?

Mark Keasling mark at air.co.jp
Tue Oct 29 05:24:16 EST 2002

Hi,

The notifyd documentation is apparently in error...

The notifyd(8) page says:

 mailto
                   Email the notification. This method can ONLY be used in a
                   Sieve 'notify' action as it requires a mailto: URL to be
                   specified as an :option.

Here are the results when I tried to use it as originally defined.

Syntax error:
    notify :method "mailto"
           :option "mailto:me at example.com?subject=sieve+mail+notification"
           :message "You got mail" ;

Syntax is okay but doesn't work:
    notify :method "mailto"
           :options "mailto:me at example.com?subject=sieve+mail+notification"
           :message "You got mail" ;
    notify :method "mailto"
           :options "me at example.com?subject=sieve+mail+notification"
           :message "You got mail" ;

The notification is sent and then pingpongs between the mailserver and the firewall;
because neither host will accept to=<me at example.com?subject=sieve+mail+notification.example.com>

Sort of works:
    notify :method "mailto"
           :options "mailto:me at example.com"
           :message "You got mail" ;

The notification is sent and is received; however, the To header is: