pop3d unstable

Stephen Carr sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 29 22:17:22 EST 2002

Dear Eugene

Could I ask if a pop3d process is left "running"?

I had a similar problem using cyrus-imap 2.0.16 on Solaris 2.5 and by
changing the following at the bottom of service.h in the master  directory the
problem vanished.

enum {
    MAX_USE = 1,
    REUSE_TIMEOUT = 10
};

What happens is a new pop3d process id launched for each pop3
connection.

Regards
Stephen Carr