Cyrus logging informational messages with too high priority?

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Wed Oct 30 16:17:24 EST 2002

Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> It could probably go to LOG_INFO.

Is this a configuration option I can adujust?  Or can I recompile Cyrus
to use info instead?

> If you're using Berkeley DB 4 there's a bug in the locker counting
> code that causes this number to not be decremented, so it really isn't
> something to worry about unless there are other problems (like severe
> performance problems all the time).

Ok.  No, we're not having any other problems, as such, but the messages
do show up in our centralized logging system (which makes all
developers/sysadmins jump in their chairs) so I'd like for them to go
away.  I guess I'll do skiplist.

> If other clients were working, I'm going to blame the client that
> wasn't, but that's just me.

I'm so inclined too.

> If you could get protocol traces that'd be moure useful.

Unfortunately I can not reproduce the situation now.  I'll be on the
lookout for it again, though.

Erik.