Massive Problems (lmtp, db corruption) - Ahh!

lst_hoe lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Thu Oct 31 11:38:20 EST 2002

At 10:43 31.10.2002 -0500, Su Li wrote:
>It won't limit other processes. I only limited the number of processes for
lmtpd. Other processes like imapd can still go 10, 20, 30 or more.

>I agree that unlimited can have a big number. But to be able to config
will be very very helpful. The reseason, I change the code is, if there are
too many lmtpd is very harmful. Lmptd will fight for db, the db lock will
go up, and new lmptd will be created but still can not get db. So the
number of lmtpd should be limited to a reseanable number according to the
machine where you run Cyrus IMAP.

Why not limit the case for too many lmtpd?
In postfix master.cf set the limit for lmtp-client to 1-4 because more
concurrency on your local disk don´t help anyway.
With sendmail there should be a equal setting.

Regards

--

Andreas Hödle

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH