emergancy help needed

Ian McDonald ian at londontown.com
Fri Nov 1 05:41:56 EST 2002

I hope these questions do not come over as terse or rude. I am genuinely
trying to understand how to get login/sasldb authentication working, and
confused by messages that appear - to me - to be contradictory.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:46:14PM -0500, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Guy Cohen wrote:
>
> > apperently pwcheck_method: auxprop is not enough
> > to make it work with mysql I had to add:
> > auxprop_plugin: mysql login plain crammd5 digestmd5
>
> Um, you just need:
>
> auxprop_plugin: mysql
>
> The rest aren't auxprop plugins.

Then why are the source files for 'login' in the plugin directory, and why
it 'login' not mentioned as a possible pwcheck_method value in
doc/options.html?

This is not a rhetorical question; I genuinely want to understand (and get
Cyrus working).