Newbie-- problems with sieve

John Lederer john at jhml.org
Wed Nov 6 11:31:19 EST 2002

I have been trying to get sieve working on a recent cyrus/postfix
install on SUSE 8.0.

here is the pertinent fragment of the cyrus.conf

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

and here is the fragment of the imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
autocreatequota: 100000000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 90
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sievedir: /usr/sieve

I made no sieve specific changes to the postfix master.cf or main.cf.  I
created the directory /usr/sieve , and then when some experiments with
Mulberry seemed to indicate the need I created /usr/sieve/j  and
/usr/sieve/j/jhl (jhl is the test user). Mulberry still does not seem to
be able to upload scripts to the jhl subdirectory.

/usr/sieve/j/jhl has the following in it:

 myscript.script
 default (linked to myscript.script)

The contents of myscript.script are:

if header :contains ["Subject"] ["yyrr"] {
        fileinto "INBOX.misc";
}

A mail message with the subject "yyrr" does not  get redirected to my
misc subdirctory.

Howver the header of the message does seem to indicate that sieve is
looking at the message:

	by mail.dewittross.net (SMTP-C at dewittross.net) with SMTP id 49C27F880
	for <jhl at mail2.dewittross.net>; Wed,  6 Nov 2002 10:27:26 -0600 (CST)

I am running out of ideas on where to look next.  I would appreciate any
advice.

Thanks,
John Lederer