Cyrus Imap - Postfix - lmtp or pipe ? And why ? And How ?

Bryntez tom at bryntez.com
Sun Nov 10 12:04:00 EST 2002

Thanks for the advisory.

I was trying to change from "pipe" to "lmtp" earlier today
but I was getting "permission denied" in the maillog.

So my next question is:
What permissions has to be set to get this to work ?

I have this config: Cyrus Imap 2.1.5, Postfix 1.1.11, with mySQL
and web-cyradm running. We're also using sasl for smtp.

/etc/cyrus.conf
lmtpunix     cmd="lmtpd" listen="/home/mailusers/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

/etc/postfix/master.cf
lmtp    unix    -       -       n       -       -       lmtp

/etc/postfix/main.cf
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/home/mailusers/imap/socket/lmtp

the lmtp socket itself, has "root.root" permissions.
imap belongs to "cyrus.mail"
postfix belongs to "postfix.postdrop"
postfix owner = postfix

(The pipe option works fine though...)