sasl questions

Matt Bradshaw mbrad1 at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:59:10 EST 2002

hello all.  :)

i'm a bit confused at how cyrus figures out what sasl mechanisms to
advertise (responding to a CAPABILITY request).  it was my understanding
that by specifying "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd", cyrus would use
only the PLAIN mechanism.  is this not correct?

i noticed that my cyrus installation was advertising support for OTP
(AUTH=OTP), which isn't what i want.  i want clients to use the PLAIN
mechanism (over ssl).

this misconfiguration isn't usually a problem.  most clients seem to
ignore the sasl extentions to the imap protocol (just use '0 LOGIN
username password') and/or don't support OTP.  however, cyradm does not
work.  it attempts to use the OTP mech which isn't supported.

how can i fix this?

thanks for your time.

regards,

--
Matt Bradshaw
Iowa State University, College of Engineering