Timsieved versions differ

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Nov 25 10:13:13 EST 2002

Andrei Loukinykh wrote:

> One does on his cyrus host:
>
> $ telnet imaphost 2000
>
> And get:
>
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.10"
> "SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
> relational regex"
> ..
>
>  And when I do the same with my brand-new Imapd 2.1.9 installed, I get:
>
>  "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.1.0"
>  "SASL" "PLAIN"
>  "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
>  relational regex"

In Cyrus 2.1.10, we changed the version reported in the timsieved
capabilities (banner) to be the same as the Cyrus release.

>  And I get sieve's parse error in logs when trying to save scripts through
> avelsieve plugin. Can it happen because of this difference ?

2.1.10 also updated timsieved to be compliant with the latest
managesieve draft

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martin-managesieve-04.txt

which removes the auto-capability response after a successful STARTTLS.
My guess is that your sieve client is expecting this response.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127