Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.10 Released

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 14 14:43:19 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:35:02PM -0500, Lawrence Greenfield wrote:
>    Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:56:07 -0500
>    From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
> [...]
>    Sooo... any reason why the docs aren't sgml and then built for text,
>    html, ps, etc? Think of this as less of a request and more of 'would
>    CMU be interested' type question. :)
>
> No objections, but it's one of those things of "is it worth creating
> more dependencies" versus the current very simple htmlstrip and html
> files.
>
> At one point I converted some of the files to XHTML and that process
> will probably continue slowly. If someone has a good idea of how to
> make the documentation easier to deal with, we're all for it.

I'm not sure it would be easier. It's question of maintaining sgml
docbook sources vs xhtml/html sources. The theoretical advantage is
that the sgml/docbook tools are plentiful and easily exported to other
formats.

It might also be a good motivation for me to get learning docbook/sgml :)

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.