Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.10 Released

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Nov 14 21:44:26 EST 2002

>I feel that moving back to only plaintext is a step backwards.  I don't
>know much about SGML myself, so I'm not sure I'd want to be stuck
>maintaining that, but it sounds interesting enough (and it would be nice
>to have general tools for keeping the documentation formatted, instead of
>worrying when htmlstrip would next break).

You could do worse than look at the Python documentation. The production
doco is current LaTeX with a bunch of custom macros. HTML, PDF, etc are
generated off the master LaTex markup. There is a background project to
use SGML (I think), but it's not there yet.

Our company (not me personally) looked at doco tools a while back and came
to the conclusion that LaTeX was still the best choice out of a bad lot -
SGML was the next closest, although the tools were still rather imature.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/