Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.10 Released

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at 1dla.com
Sun Nov 17 05:31:06 EST 2002

The critical question is what do you want to accomplish ?

If all you are after is a plain ASCII text copy of the documentation,
then yes plain text is the easiest to maintain.
I think pretty much anything can be maintained at a distance. I am not
sure how one is superior to the other there.
But the moment you start talking about wanting it in multiple formats
you better seriously look at something else.
There are other choices besides SGML/XML/DOCBook, and a religious war
could ensue over trying to compare them.
The easiest to use is always the one you already know.
But assuming that you do not have allot of knowledge invested in one,
then I would suggest DocBook. It is SGML/XML compliant, there are lots
of tools, it can be easily translated to anything, And from what I can
see it is getting very heavily used.

But if somebody will actually maintain the documentation, I would not
care what they used.