Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.10 Released

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Fri Nov 15 09:33:06 EST 2002

Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> It's really hard to keep formatted in any way that looks reasoanble.

I would say that your editor should take care of that (for me, Emacs
does an excellent job).

> There's also the fact that markup languages let you embed hyperlinks,
> etc.

Did you evaluate Python's StructuredText?  I don't have a link handy but
I'm sure a google for it would reveal it quite fast.  I've used it for
some projects and it works pretty ok.  What I would do with it would be
to keep the plain text (or structured text document) as the a priori
representation and then, if you wanted to publish it on the web, just
have a cgi-script or something that ran it through the StructuredText
parser.

Then again, LaTex (or SGML) would probably give you the most
possibilities (and problems ;).

Erik.