Postfix+Cyrus+MySQL please help its been 3 days

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 14 20:25:37 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:02:54AM +0200, skuran at hacettepe.edu.tr wrote:
> Yes that's an option, i just followed Luc's HOWTO and used pam. But now how
> do i make changes to omit pam_mysql configuration
> #saslauthd -v
> saslauthd 2.1.7
> authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow
>
> and i think web-cyradm has nothing to do with pam_mysql

I know nothing about web-cyradm but there is documentation for getting
the sasl mysql auth plugin working. When you build sasl use:

  ./configure --with-saslauthd=/usr/lib/sasl2 --enable-cram \
  --enable-digest --enable-plain --disable-anon --disable-gssapi \
  --disable-krb4 --disable-otp --with-openssl --with-mysql

The key bit here is the --with-mysql option. In some versions of sasl
you may need to change the include to read "#include <mysql/mysql.h>"
so check the plugsin/mysql.c file and change it as needed.

After building and installing sasl I use the following in my
imapd.conf file:

# sasl settngs
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: mysql
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
sasl_mysql_user: mailadm
sasl_mysql_passwd: password
sasl_mysql_hostnames: localhost
sasl_mysql_database: mail
sasl_mysql_statement: select decode(passwd,'salt') from account where acct='%u' and status='1'
sasl_mysql_verbose: true

You should consult the doc/options.html file for more details about
the mysql setup. That shold help you explain how to use the proper
sasl_mysql_statement in your imapd.conf file. The one above is only an
example that works with my specific mysql tables and most likely won't
work for you.

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.