mmap() on HP-UX 11

Connie Starr Fensky cfensky at mtsu.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:24:11 EST 2002

11i still does not support it correctly. I've just upgraded to 11i on a
dedicated rp7400 (our mail has loaded our V2600 so much, it cannot support
all of the users anymore), and HP hemmed and hawed, and finally said they
MAY look into it in 11.2. (We threatened to stop using HP altogether if they
couldn't support our e-mail server loads). I've always had to use flatfile
for the mailboxed.db with HP--Berkeley could never keep up with the load, I
have about 121000 mailboxes, but when I started administering Cyrus on the
V-box ~1/01, we had around 80000 and it was on flatfile then, too. We tried
upgrading to a cyrus that supported skiplist, but had some other problems,
and had to revert to flat files.

So, the bottom answer is, no, 11i still does not support cyrus' mmap.
c*