Preserving flags, and their global nature

Ian McDonald ian at londontown.com
Tue Nov 19 12:09:06 EST 2002

Over the weekend, it struck me that a patch to make 'seen' global could be
as simple as commenting out the calls to the code that treats '\Seen' as a
special-case global variable, and adding 'Seen' to the list of global flags.
Somewhere. Unfortunately, when I had a look at the source code, I could find
libraries dealing with Seen, but no list of global flags or obvious hook for
the 'seen' per-user code.

Is it that simple? Where should I be looking?