Thoughts on the age-old cyradm thingie

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Nov 19 04:05:45 EST 2002

Simon Matter wrote:
> part of their distributions in the past. I looked at so many Perl source
> RPMs from RedHat but was unable to do the same with Cyrus. So, if there
> is really something broken in the perl part of Cyrus and could be fixed,
> I'd be happy to see it.

I've been luckier: I just had to look at a single source rpm (but that's
because I asked and someone told me which one was the right one ;-)
Attached is the patch that I had to apply to build under mandrake 9.0
but *not* under 8.2 (the former comes with perl 5.8.0 while the latter
uses 5.6.1). OTOH on 8.2 I have to manually install the perl manpages in
the spec file. I'm not sure the patch should go upstream since it's
distribution policy (or is it perl policy since 5.8.0? I don't know)
If you look at the spec file, posted at
http://perso.wanadoo.es/olivetti/cyrus/cyrus-imapd.spec, you'll see that
there are other hacks to build with gcc 3.2 (mainly to remove
/usr/local/include in order to avoide configure failures).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007