Best way to backup cyrus system

Bryntez tom at bryntez.com
Wed Nov 20 15:36:08 EST 2002

We have used Norton Ghost 2003 with success on our
RedHat 7.3 server which has ext3 filesystem support.

If you do a partition to partition copy, you can even
transfer your whole system to a larger disk.

Approx. downtime is about 1 hour to make the "ghost".

When you boot up your system again whith the new disk,
it runs as nothing had happened :-)

And you can set up a daily cronjob or something that
copies your .db files from your mailstore to another
server/computer by ftp or something. That should be
sufficient - at least if your major users are "pop3"
users and if there's not too many of them :-)

Regards
bryntez