Best way to backup cyrus system

Alessandro Oliveira alessandro.o at nunoferreira.com.br
Thu Nov 21 12:34:22 EST 2002

I'm new to cyrus, just testing it for 2 weeks and getting very good
reviews from our users. I think cyrus it is a very powerful piece of
software, in addition it does a wonderful job with a very small
footprint, on the other hand, a good backup solution is our chief
concern, our current backup is done by shutting down the services and
making a cold dump of the filesystem, but as the /var/spool/imap grows,
this solution becomes less pratical.

I'm planning to code a database backend (postgres/mysql/oracle) in the
future to handle the storage, but this will take time and money, but I
think it is the way to go.

What do you think about this ?

Alessandro Oliveira