problem with Cyrus 2.1.9 on tru64unix

Marco marco at studenti.unina.it
Mon Nov 18 13:05:56 EST 2002

Hi all,
we have installed and setup cyrus-imap server 2.1.9 with cyrus-sasl 2.1.7
on a compaq ES45 with tru64unix, we have used berkeley db 4.0.14
the problem is that sometimes the master freeze, the socket on port 143
is open but the master doesn't answer and we get a connection time-out,
in the log we have nothing that can explain this behaveiour,
we then decided to try an upgrade installing cyrus 2.1.10 sasl 2.1.9
e berkeley db 4.1.24NC with patches from 2 to 6.
Now it doesn't work anymore if we run ctl_mboxlist we get this error in
cyrus.log

ctl_mboxlist[357567]: DBERROR db4: unable to join the environment
ctl_mboxlist[357567]: DBERROR: dbenv->open '/var/imap/db' failed:
Operation would block

we have also tried to  install cyrus and sasl compiled first with shared
library
and then with only static library but in both two cases we didn't solve
the problem.

Any help?

Best regards
Marco De Simone