Skiplist / best practice for 2.1 branch

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 18 20:11:19 EST 2002

--On Monday, November 18, 2002 8:57 PM -0200 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh at debian.org> wrote:

>> Linux-specific that they have would negative consequences if applied
>> to a source tree used for a Solaris or *BSD build??  With Linux being
>
> No negative consequences that I know of.  But increased resilience hides
> the real problems sometimes.

Some of them (the lock timeout/wait is what I have in mind) will make the
system perform not as well.

But mostly Henrique has it just right: it's either fairly complicated and
I'm very slow (the master patches), we haven't been nagged about it enough
(we suck, sorry), or it feels very OS specific. So a lot of it is mostly
waiting on me.

Hopefully if something is really painful for Henrique to maintain
seperately, he'll tell cyrus-bugs and we'll work it out.

Larry