Skiplist / best practice for 2.1 branch

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Mon Nov 18 19:43:51 EST 2002

Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2002, Jules Agee writes:
>>I think a lot of people would recommend you stay away from RH 8.0
>>for production servers. Not that I know of any particular
>>problems... it's just that there's a lot of bleeding-edge stuff that
>>hasn't proved itself as far as I'm concerned.
>
> Fair enough as a personal choice. However, do bear in mind that Red
> Hat 8.0 will not go away -- and in a few months there will be 8.1.
> Red Hat 8.x is here and is a reality that must be faced.

Right, after many moons, and no doubt many bugfixes and updates, it will
have proved itself and will then be useful for production servers. I
wasn't saying anything about Cyrus. Berkeley DB 4.1 is supported in the
latest Cyrus releases, after all.

You mentioned using RH 8.0 as a server platform, and all I'm saying is
that anyone using 8.0 in production right now is a lot more adventurous
than most.