Timsieved valid commands

Su Li sli at rim.net
Tue Nov 19 16:08:58 EST 2002

Hi

I am building a web admin server to manage the sieve filtering for Cyrus IMAP. I don't want to use Sieveshell. I telnet to Sieve port 2000 and did a 'AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" ' command. I checked the man page of timsieved. There is not much information about valid commands. I am not sure how can I input my auth name and user name to be able to login.

This is so far I got:

>telnet web9 2000

>Trying 10.101.85.213...
>Connected to web9.swlab.rim.net.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.1.0"
>"SASL" "PLAIN OTP DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
>"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress relational regex"
>OK

>AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN"

>{0}

>user "cyrus"

>NO "Authentication Error"

Can any body let me know the valid commands for Timsieved?

Thanks a lot.

Su Li

Research In Motion (RIM)
(519) 888-7465 ext 3041