How to make cyrus not change non US-ASCII characters to "X"

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 21 16:36:31 EST 2002

--On Thursday, November 21, 2002 2:03 PM -0200 Alessandro Oliveira
<alessandro.o at nunoferreira.com.br> wrote:

> Maybe the best solution would be a filter to change the message body
> encoding using quoted-printable instead of putting X everywhere, and
> change headers to also use the appropriate encoding. What do you think
> about this ?

The characters can't be encoded because we don't know what the character
set it. The only patch that would be acceptable to us would have a
configurable character set ("assume_8bit: iso-8859-1") and would sanity
check and encode the untagged 8-bit according to that.

Larry