Not seeing Inbox

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at cox.net
Wed Nov 20 17:57:41 EST 2002

Gregory Chagnon wrote:

> Thanks...so how would I go about setting up an IMAP account for user
> "testuser" that would have the same folders as a Microsoft Exchange
> server?  I'm trying to get this thing looking as similar to the Exchange
> server as possible so I'd like to have a visible Inbox, Sent Items,
> Deleted Items, Outbox, and Drafts...Thanks again.
> -Greg

Look in the documentation regarding "altnamespace". Turning this on will make
INBOX appear as a regular folder (even though it's a level above all the
others). The user won't be able to create any folders underneath INBOX, if they
try they will end up at the same level as INBOX. You can then create the other
folders as needed. As far as Sent Items, Deleted Items, Outbox, etc. those are
under control of your MUA, you can create them but it will need to actually be
told how to use them.