RPM Upgrade Nightmare

Ramiro Morales rm-rpms at gmx.net
Mon Nov 25 19:35:00 EST 2002

On 25 Nov 2002 at 16:18, Chris Dos wrote about "Re: RPM Upgrade Nightmare":

> Do you have any ideas on what would be a good way to move the mail
> directories from /var/spool/imap/user to /var/spool/imap/a-z and then
> have Cyrus pick them up and run with them.  Or perhaps, there might be a
>
>    way to convert the data that is in /var/imap so it works correctly in
>
> /var/lib/imap?

The paths used on my packages were inherited from the packages
by RH as they were based on them and meant to server as an upgrade
path.

> I have about eight installations that use 2.0.16 and I'd like to be able
> to come up with a smooth upgrade to I can get them to the 2.1.x series
> and then just use your rpms instead of Ramiro's which haven't been
> upgraded in some time.

That's true, but I don't plan to update the package to the 2.[12].x
series anytime soon. My IMAP server upgrade schedule is unclear
yet :-/

Perhaps I will update the package to a newer release to get in
some small fixes I had been taking note of, but always
in the 2.0.16 upstream version.

>  Chris

Regards,

-