Problem rebuilding Simons new source RPM

Harris Landgarten harrisl at lhjonline.com
Mon Nov 25 13:28:09 EST 2002

I found the problem. I had updated ExtUtils::MakeMaker via CPAN to the
latest version. That is turn replaced MM_Unix.pm with a version that
defaulted site and vendor to /usr/man. Redhat had supplied a patched
version of this file which defaults to /usr/share/man. I copied the file
from another machine and the problem went away. Unfortunately it took
1/2 a day to track down the problem. The Cyrus/Perl interface could
certainly be improved and Simons excellent RPMs could be more robust but
not necessarily worth the effort. Thanks for the help

Harris

--
Harris Landgarten <harrisl at lhjonline.com>