PostgreSQL backend: a waste of time?

Noll Janos johnzero at johnzero.hu
Mon Nov 25 10:36:08 EST 2002

Hy!

 I think that's a very good idea, but we found that MySQL is much faster
than Postgres, when there are no complex queries (this is the case here),
so it might be a better idea to use MySQL.

On 25-Nov-2002 Nicola Ranaldo wrote:
> Due to our historical problems using BerkeleyDB4 over True64Unix I'm
> coding a PostgreSQL backend.
> It's in alpha stage and seems to work fine over an our production
> server
> with about 7500 mailboxes.
> Cyrus.log is DBERROR free, and users do not report any problem.
> Access to mboxlist is about 5 time faster then with BerkeleyDB4.
> If the cyrus community is interested in this little piece of code (i
> don't
> know due to presence of skiplist backend) we can start a thread now!

| Noll Janos <johnzero at johnzero.hu> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    |   ICQ# 4547866   |  Be free! |