Mailbox directory structure

John Lederer john at jhml.org
Tue Nov 26 09:37:16 EST 2002

We are deploying Cyrus in an environment where  most users use Netscape
4.x or Mozilla 1.x . A few use Outlook.

When I looked at the mailbox structure of our test group I found some
disconcerting variance.  Some users had a directory named INBOX, some
did not.   I am not sure what caused the variance--- it may have been
lack of consistency in admiistartors creating mailboxes, and it may have
been the result of autocreation.

In any event we want a consistent mailbox structure that supports
Moxilla's "special" Sent, Drafts, and Templates diretcories. We want to
standardize, but we are not sure what to standardize on.

Can someone tell me what the preferred structure is, particularly for
Mozilla?

John Lederer