Excessive recursion error with plussed addresses

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Wed Nov 27 09:27:26 EST 2002

Duh. I was so wrapped up in the problem, I didn't think about that little
bit of logicality. Couldn't see the forest for the trees, basically.

Thanks for pointing this out. It resolved my problem when I removed the
domain part from the RHS of my virtusertable.

Thanks,
Will

--On Wednesday, 27 November, 2002 11:35 +0200 Leena Heino
<Leena.Heino at uta.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, William K. Hardeman wrote:
>
>> Howdy all,
>>
>> I've run into a problem where I can't get addresses with plussed parts to
>> deliver. I'm getting an "excessive recursion" error in ruleset 3
>> (canonify) in my sendmail. Sendmail version is 8.12.6.
>>
>> I'm using the virtusertable feature to support several domains, and the
>> error only occurs when I use either
>> *+ at wkh.org	%1+%2 at wkh.org
>> *+ at wkh.org	%1%3 at wkh.org
> I'm bit confused as to what these are supposed to do. It seems that
> you are routing @wkh.org back to itself and therefore creating an
> infinite loop.
>
> That infinite loop aside shouldn't these rules be like:
># Deliver anything @wkh.org to local user
> @wkh.org	%1%3
># Deliver anything @example.com to local user
> @example.com	%1%3
>
> --
>   -- Leena Heino (liinu at uta.fi)

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein