reconstruct in cyrus-imap-2

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 3 17:06:51 EST 2002

   Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:50:40 +0100 (CET)
   From: Wolfgang Hottgenroth <woho at hottis.de>

   on one of our production complexes with roughly 200,000 mailboxes
   running on cyrus-imap-1, once we used 'reconstruct -m' after an
   operator failure.

   Within the manpage of reconstruct in cyrus-imap-2 I read

	    -m     NOTE: CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

   The guys from productions are really unhappy about this and have problems
   to take a switch to cyrus-imap-2 into consideration due to the missing
   of this feature. (Althrough we all see a couple of improvements we
   want to benefit from ...)

reconstruct -r -f pretty much does the same thing as -m. I keep
meaning to getting around to making -m remove the mailbox list and do
a universal -r -f but I haven't gotten around to it.

Larry