Problems with cyrus-imapd 2.1.11 under Solaris 8

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Dec 6 07:13:01 EST 2002

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002, Oleg Derevenetz wrote:
> Nicola Ranaldo wrote:
> >I think master would check exit value of its childs and decrement the
> >number
> >of ready_workers.
>
> It seems like you perfectly right. I wrote a quick fix (i will be very
> thankful if you check my fix and correct me if I am wrong) and it works
> :-) Attachment contain this fix.

There is a more complete solution to the SIGCHILD problems in master, that
fixes all the race conditions that cause the process count to be lost. I
call it the "pid morgue" :-)

It is in the bugzilla, and it is being used in production by the fastmail.fm
people, AND all Debian users without a glitch for a long while now...

You may want to have a look at that stuff...

  Henrique Holschuh