DBERROR: Cannot allocate memory

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 9 00:38:57 EST 2002

Thanks for this info. Probably should have done a search of the db3 docs, I
just assumed it was a system thing. Duh.

For anyone else experiencing this problem, the relevant docs are here:

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/env_set_cachesize.html

The line you want to add to the DB_CONFIG file is:

set_cachesize gigabytes bytes nallocations_to_breakinto

The default size (which cyrus uses) is 256kb

Rob