Invalid Headers

Mike Cathey mpcathey at catt.com
Sat Dec 7 10:39:02 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 00:13, Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> I have about 50,000 messages in a maildir.   I am trying to import them
> into my Cyrus mailbox, and I have gotten one to import successfully.  I
> continually get a message 'invalid headers'.  Mozilla [1.2.1] says:
>
> The current command did not succeed the mail server responded: Message
> contains invalid headers
>

> I have tried a variety of messages here are some sample headers:

I have some perl code that I'm going to use to migrate ~4k Maildirs to
Cyrus.  If you want to try it, I'd be happy to share.  Most of it is
calls to Mail::IMAPClient, so it wouldn't be too hard to write
yourself.  I even added in functionality to mark messages that are in
cur/ as read (\Seen in IMAPspeak).

The module itself does some checking on the messages (mainly CR/LF,
IIRC) to make sure they're valid before it appends them to the specified
folder.

I need to track down the guy that wrote that module and buy him a CD or
something.  That module has been a lifesaver, especially the migrate()
method. :)

Cheers,

Mike
--