How to use non-ascii charsets with sieve?

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 9 22:17:06 EST 2002

--On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:52 AM +0900 Mark Keasling
<mark at air.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Larry,

[ ... decode in fill_cache() ... ]
> This hasn't been tested this yet since I stuck it in yesterday before
> going home and have just returned to the office.  It should decode
> subjects into utf8.  But it may have "interesting" unintended
> side-effects.  So far we are only interested in decoded subjects.  But
> decoding the comment part of addresses also has a high probability of
> being desired.  Depends on the feed-back we get from users.
>
> Will charset_decode1522( ) strip the whitespace?

Yes, the output of charset_decode1522() is intended to be fed into the
Cyrus IMAP SEARCH algorithm, which ignores whitespace. It also does case
folding, preventing "i;octet" searches from working.

charset_decode1522() would work if it was using a different transcoding
table than what is generated in the lib/ directory.

Larry