Red Hat Linux/BDB dependencies upgrade questions

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Dec 12 10:17:16 EST 2002

Hi Kevin,

AFAIK, it should be possible to convert all db's on the old server to
flat, which seems to be the most secure way. Then transfer the data to
the new server and simply start Cyrus using 'service cyrus-imapd start'.
All db's should then be converted automagically to the required format.

If you want to know which db files have to be converted, take a look at
my cvt_cyrusdb_all script from the rpm.

If I know it works that way, I'll try to modify the script so it can be
called with a special parameter to do the conversion to flat
automagically.

Let me know how it works.

FYI, I've also upgraded cyrus-sasl to 2.1.10 but not uploaded the rpms
yet. I'll do it today, I hope, after testing them on my server.

Simon

--
Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30