cyrus 2.2 status

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Thu Dec 12 17:24:47 EST 2002

Rob Siemborski wrote:

>The only *possible* advantage I see is it gets cyrus's databases backed up
>with an SQL database, but since you still have to back up the cyrus
>datastore anyway, you haven't won anything.

Well, most real databases offer online backup capability so you can get
a robust backup even while processing transactions, and with continuous
log backup a crash can't lose any committed transactions.  It may also
have better scalability on the upper end.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931