cyrus-2.2-cvs: virtualdomains and sendmail virtusertable (cyrusv2 as local mailer)

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Dec 16 03:32:20 EST 2002

Hi,

after changing the local mailer in my sendmail.mc from cyrus to cyrusv2
I cannot get sendmail to correctly deliver the domain-part of
local-adresses to cyrusv2-lmtpd! Before, I had the cyrusv2-mailer set in
/etc/mail/mailertable but that way , I was not able to route my email as
I need to and as I do in /etc/mail/virtusertable. Ecspacially
catchall-accounts for domains which have more than one email-account in
cyrus are not possible with the mailertable approach.

I have all my local domains in /etc/mail/local-host-names and do (want
to do) all email routing in /etc/mail/virtusertable like before.

If I specify a final recipient (cyrus-account) in virtusertable as:

@virtualdomain.it	account at virtualdomain.it

where an account like user/account at virtualdomain.it exists, sendmail
recognizes virtualdomain.it in /etc/mail/local-host-names as a local
domain and will strip the original virtualdomain.it from the recipient
replacing it with the localhost hostname. All domains defined in
/etc/mail/local-host-names will be recognized in virtusertable but the
local delivery will only go to the user at localhostname!

Where can I change sendmail to not do that ? How do I tell sendmail to
never change the local-domain to the local hostname on succesfully
recognized /etc/mail/local-host-names domains ?

--Christian--