cyrus-2.2-cvs: virtualdomains and sendmail virtusertable (cyrusv2 as local mailer)

Jonathan Marsden jonathan at bach.xc.org
Tue Dec 17 19:43:18 EST 2002

On 16 Dec 2002, Christian Schulte writes:

>>> +`R$=L < @ $=w . >	$#_LOCAL_ $: @ $1`@'$2	special local names
>>> +R$+ < @ $=w . >	$#_LOCAL_ $: $1`@'$2	regular local name')

> I think the two lines you added should look like

> `R$=L < @ $=w . >       $#_LOCAL_ $: @ $1 < @ $2 >      special local names
> R$+ < @ $=w . >         $#_LOCAL_ $: $1 < @ $2 >        regular local name')

> don't they ? For me thinks work after chaning them this way !

I'm glad you've found something that works for you.  I'd have to run
more tests to know if that same change to proto.m4 would work for me.
It could be that you have found a more generic approach than mine.
What I sent is in active use on multiple smallish servers under
Sendmail 8.12.5, and seems to be working fine so far.

Suggestions from others about using mailertable and avoiding the need
to hack proto.m4 also sound like they could be worth trying; it would
make upgrading sendmail versions easier, for example, to use only the
standard provided m4 files.

I hope that documenting how best to configure sendmail for use with
Cyrus 2.2 in virtdomain mode will be part of the documentation cleanup
that preceeds the 2.2 release.  If I were sure what "the best"
approach was, I'd happily submit patches to the Cyrus documentation
files describing it.  But I keep thinking that someone somewhere
surely knows of a better way than making changes to proto.m4 :-)

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden       	| Internet: jonathan at xc.org	| Making electronic
1252 Judson Street  	| Phone: +1 (909) 795-3877	| communications work