issues with conversion from UW Imap

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Dec 21 14:29:06 EST 2002

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, John A. Tamplin wrote:
>      lossage that was mentioned here earlier. Specifically, OE 6.0
>      seems to open multiple connections for a given folder and the
>      second connection sees the message that was picked up by the first
>      connection as unseen again.  I have not had any reports of it on

Is there a reason for not using a shared-memory interface for Cyrus to allow
all imapds serving a mailbox to share flag state?  Maybe a long-living
daemon akin to idled that stores the seen state, or using IPC and real
shared memory maps.

It would impact performance, I'm sure, but it could be probably made a runtime
or compile-time option...

>      course it hasn't happened again since then.  Has anyone else seen
>      this behavior?

I did.  OE bug, AFAIK...

>      in my delivery program, but eventually I want to be able to use
>      the standard deliver. Do other people just let these messages

Well, this is the second or third time I heard about this NULL issue. These
messages are indeed broken, and Cyrus is right in not accepting them. OTOH,
this does not mean we can't add an option for Cyrus to FIX them by trashing
the NULL chars, and adding a X-Message-bad header or something like that...
still, I am not sure how difficult is to add that code to Cyrus, it would
have to get the APPEND and LMTP message inclusion paths...

  Henrique Holschuh