Skipstamp?

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 26 00:12:06 EST 2002

--On Monday, December 23, 2002 10:37 AM -0600 Scott Smith
<scott at lackluster.net> wrote:

> I just checked out the 2.2 branch and set it up on a machine here...It
> built just fine and I got the virtdomain stuff working fine.
>
> My only problem is that I am getting the DBERROR messages about
> /var/imap/db/skipstamp.  mkimap didn't create the file, and the only place
> I can find it in the code is in lib/cyrusdb_skiplist.c.
>
> So what creates the file? I saw a post from Ken Murchison saying that it
> wasn't something to worry about, but if it's not, then why is my logfile
> getting spammed with the errors?

ctl_cyrusdb should create this file when you run recovery, which should be
kicked off from the START {} section of your cyrus.conf.

If you get "DBERROR: reading skipstamp, assuming the worst" during normal
operation, something has inhibited ctl_cyrusdb from creating the file.

Larry