Case Sensitivity

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Mon Dec 23 16:30:37 EST 2002

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:12:42 -0200,
>>>>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh at debian.org> (hdmh) writes:

hdmh> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Vernon A. Fort wrote:

>> Cyrus-2.0.16 to cyrus-2.1.11 using the same version of postfix.

hdmh> Well, as a workaround, use pipe delivery on postfix (and thus, use the
hdmh> deliver Cyrus program, which is much slower than LMTP), and tell postfix to
hdmh> lowercase the recipient.

I guess this is why the original Postfix lmtp client downcased
everything.  I remember noticing it at the time, but it didn't
cause me problems, so I didn't think much of it.

When the discussion came up on postfix-users after some folks found
this problematic, it was decided that it was wrong of the lmtp
client to forcibly downcase everything.  Now we run into this fun.

I wonder, perhaps there could be a switch to the Cyrus lmtp server
to downcase stuff?  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this is logic
more appropriate for the LDA, not the conduit to that LDA.  Thoughts?

What does Sendmail do, anyway?

--
Amos