SASLAuthD keeps dying.

Oliver Jones oliver at deeper.co.nz
Fri Dec 27 23:06:52 EST 2002

Howdy folks.  I have a bit of a tricky problem.

SASLAUTHD keeps dying for no easily identifiable reason.

I am running Cyrus 2.1.11 and SASL 2.1.10.  My server is running RedHat
7.3.  I built Cyrus from source RPM's provided by Simon Matter.

I have saslauthd setup to use pam as it's auth mechanisim.  My
/etc/pam.d/imap & pop configs use pam_ldap to authenticate with with my
OpenLDAP server.

SASLAuthD will run for some time without any problems.  It will then
die.  I have no idea why it is dying.  I  think it is either
seg-faulting or dying from other signal.  Perhaps sig-pipe.

Anyway can anyone help me!!  I'm desperate here.  I've been trying to
identify the source of the problem with a debugger but not having much
luck.

Regards
--
Oliver Jones > Senior Software Engineer > Deeper Design Limited.
oliver at deeper.co.nz  > www.deeperdesign.com > +64 (21) 41-2238