migrating from sasl v1->sasl v2

fabian-cyrus at spline.de fabian-cyrus at spline.de
Tue Aug 27 08:48:40 EDT 2002

Hi List,

i'm actually trying to update my cyrus-imapd from
2.0.9 to 2.1.7.
My Problem is that a have a serious problems with the
migration from sasl1 to sasl2.
I've compilied the sasl-2.1.7 sources successfully
but the dbconvert-2 doesn't want to work for me.
I always get to following error:

>[root at abu utils]# ./dbconverter-2

>This program will take the sasldb file specified on the
>command line and convert it to a new sasldb file in the >default
>location (usually /etc/sasldb). It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED >that you
>backup sasldb before allowing this program to run

>We are going to convert /etc/sasldb and our output will be >in /etc/sasldb2

>Press return to continue

>Error opening password file /etc/sasldb

I don't have a glue what might be the problem. My sasldb is
at /etc/sasldb and as root it shouldn't be a rights problem.

Any Ideas?

Greetings
Fabian Ruff