Feasibility of Red Hat Cluster Manager and LVM for Cyrus IMAP

Evan Cofsky evan at theunixman.com
Wed Aug 28 02:42:36 EDT 2002

> No.
>
> You didn't resize_reiserfs while the server was running and the fs was
> mounted. Check the resize_reiserfs manpage.

I just did.  As long as you're growing the filesystem, it works while
mounted.  It's only when you want to shrink a filesystem that you must
unmount it.  You might not have the latest man pages.  From the man
pages I have installed:

       The  resize_reiserfs program allows to grow a reiserfs on-
       line if there is a free space on block device.

HTH.

--
In a display of perverse brilliance, Carl the repairman mistakes a room
humidifier for a mid-range computer but manages to tie it into the network
Evan Cofsky, The UNIX Man, unix at theunixman.com