duplicate suppression, sieve, loops, redirect and lost email

Peter Svanberg psv at nada.kth.se
Sat Aug 31 16:58:38 EDT 2002

What about this aspect of this discussion?

--Den 2002-08-29 02.02 +0200 skrev Ragnar Sundblad <ragge at nada.kth.se>:

>  Say someone posts an email to two different lists which
>  I have both subscribed to, and the lists servers doesn't
>  change the msgid but only adds some header. With the current
>  duplicate suppression only one of them will get delivered
>  to me. If I have a sieve script that sort each list in a
>  separate mailbox, based on Sender: for example, only one
>  of them will be put into its mailbox, the other will just
>  be missing.

Is it not a problem? With current duplicate suppression you *may* be able
to workaround this by filtering on To and CC (instead of List-ID) and with
"if... if..." (instead of "if ... elseif ...") - if you want to put this
message in a mailbox for each list.

    Peter