[ECE PhiBar] It's for the human race bitches

Boris Lipchin blipchin at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:21:21 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

I think I can shamelessly say that today we will be celebrating SpaceX's
first successful launch into Low Earth Orbit, becoming the first
completely commercially developed liquid fuel booster. What does this
mean for you and me? Cheap, reliable, low cost  rides to orbit for your
satellites. All you need is 8 million dollars. That means that's about
60-80 million dollars you /don't/ need to pay Boeing/Lockheed Martin and
the fuckers at the United Launch Alliance. Those dollars should and will
be immediately reinvested into beer. We are starting today on the first
few million, we have a lot to get through, so show up at 9:30pm. Phi bar
doesn't make it easy for us by making the Beer prohibitively cheap,
which means we have to make up in volume, please come mentally prepared.

Boris