[Disksim-users] About the validate file

Evan Jiang hijiangwen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:17:36 EDT 2014

Hi, everyone!   I am reading the disk buffer module of disksim v1.0.
1 Can anyone explain what are the  "Doub","Trip","Miss" and "Hit" used for
?  Do they indicate the what the simulator should do ? for example,
simulator will adopt miss strategy when the simulator reads  "Miss" .  Or
are they used for checking results ?   For example ,  simulator use the
"Miss" to check the result . The following code just do the thing , but I
don't think the "validatebuf" will affect the buffer strategy while
searching source code.

   if (strcmp(validate_buffaction, "Doub") == 0) {
      validatebuf[0]++;
   } else if (strcmp(validate_buffaction, "Trip") == 0) {
      validatebuf[1]++;
   } else if (strcmp(validate_buffaction, "Miss") == 0) {
      validatebuf[2]++;
   } else if (strcmp(validate_buffaction, "Hit") == 0) {
      validatebuf[3]++;

2 I changed "Number of buffer segments" from 2 to 32 , but from output
file, "System logorg #0 disk Buffer hit ratio" just changes from 1561 to
1568 . It's amazing . Why can't I get a big hit increase of buffer hit ?

Thanks!