[Disksim-users] DiskSim can't be compiled on a 64-bit machine.

Zheng Da zhengda1936 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:58:24 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm a PhD student in Johns Hopkins University and my research focus on
maximizing the IO performance of the SSD array. I want to use DiskSim
to simulate SSDs for development. But DiskSim failed to run on my
64-bit desktop.

When I compile it, I got a compilation error.
disksim_iosim.c: In function ‘io_initialize’:
disksim_iosim.c:712:4: error: duplicate case value
disksim_iosim.c:712:4: error: previously used here

DISKSIM_EVENT_SIZE is 128 but the size of the ioreq_event structure is
larger than it. I guess the simulator was developed on a 32-bit
machine? Have anyone tested it on a 64-bit machine?

I tried to change DISKSIM_EVENT_SIZE to 256. The compilation can
succeed, but when I run runvalid, I got a bunch of segmentation
faults.

I tried DiskSim 4.0 and I haven't added the MSR patch for SSD
simulation. I run Ubuntu 12.04 and gcc version 4.6.3.

Can anyone help me fix the problem?

Thanks,
Da